Tushaar Desai specializes as a mortage lawyer and works as an Of Counsel Attorney with Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. He is based out of the Orlando office.
Mr. Desai’s practice primarily focuses on immigration law, family law, civil litigation, personal injury, landlord/tenant law, and mortgage foreclosure with a concentration on cases involving housing matters.
He works with clients and lenders to find equitable solutions that make economic sense where possible, and defends owners from overreaching lenders, where equitable solutions cannot be reached.
Tushaar Desai is a member of the Florida Bar and the American Bar Association. Mr. Desai is proficient in English and Gujarati.
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- College of Law
- Juris Doctor, J.D.
University of Florida
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Shareholder, Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. Orlando, Florida, July 2005 – Present
- Associate, Stack Fernandez Anderson & Harris, P.A. Miami, Florida, February 2002 – July 2005
- Associate, Stephens Lynn Klein La Cava Hoffman & Puya, P.A. (formerly/merged with Martens Dunaj Marlowe Davis & Marlowe, P.A.) Miami, Florida, August 1999 – February 2002
- Law Clerk, Barry S. Franklin & Associates, P.A. Miami, Florida, May 1998 – June 1999
- Law Clerk, the Honorable Sandy S. Karlan, Circuit Court Judge Miami, Florida, January 1998 – April 1998
- Intern, Otto Versand (German multinational corporation) Hamburg, Germany, September 1991 – November 1991 International Marketing Department
- Intern, Deutsche Shell AG (Shell Oil Germany) Hamburg, Germany, May 1997 – August 1997 Marketing and Production Department
- Captain, United States Air Force
- Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, November 1991 – August 1996
- Squadron Section Commander, 40th Flight Test Squadron, 1993 – 1996
- Squadron Executive Officer, 46th Component Repair Squadron, 1992 – 1993
- Commander’s Action Group, 3200th Support Wing, 1991 – 1992
ORGANIZATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Admitted, Florida Bar
- Admitted, Bar for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Vice-President, South-Asian Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida
- Member, American Bar Association