Deborah J. Townsend
Deborah J. Townsend is a nationality lawyer Of Counsel Attorney with Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. She is based out of the Orlando office.
Ms. Townsend’s practice focuses primarily on immigration and nationality law. She represents broad range of clients including investors, entrepreneurs, large and small corporations, foreign national employees, families and students in all areas of immigration law.
Ms. Townsend provides a full range of immigration law services including nonimmigrant visas – B/E/H/L/O/P/TN and others, as well as employment-based, investment-based and family-based cases for U.S. lawful permanent resident status (“green cards”), student visas, asylum, naturalization, derivative citizenship, I-9 issues, employer sanctions, representation before U.S. Consulates abroad and limited representation in Immigration Court for non-criminal aliens.
Ms. Townsend is a member of the Florida Bar and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Albany Law School of Union University
- Albany, N.Y.
- Juris Doctor conferred in May 1979
- Frederick, Maryland
- B.A. (Bachelor of Arts in Political Science) conferred in May 1976
- Sole practitioner – Deborah J. Townsend, P.A., Yalaha, Florida 1994-present
- Partner – Holmes, Khatri & Townsend, P.A., Orlando, Florida 1992-1994
- Partner – Hendry, Stoner & Brown, P.A., Orlando, Florida 1984-1992
- Associate – Hendry, Stoner & Brown, P.A., Orlando, Florida 1981-1984
- Staff Attorney – Legal Services of Greater Miami, Immigration Law Unit 1980-1981
- VISTA Attorney – Haitian Refugee Center, Miami, Florida 1980
- Member – American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Central Florida Chapter (CFC) 1983-present
- Chapter Chair, AILA CFC 1990-1991
- Member of Board of Directors AILA CFC 2008-2010
- Advocacy Chair/Co-Chair AILA CFC 2008-2011
- Media Liaison AILA CFC 2011-2012
- Florida Bar International Law Section Immigration Committee Co-Chair 1992-1993
- Orange County Bar Association Immigration and Naturalization Committee Chair 1988-1990
- AILA’s CFC award for “Excellence in the Practice of Immigration Law” May 2011
- Chosen as one of Florida’s “Super Lawyers” from 2006-2009
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law since 1996